Are you looking for the right firm to secure your future through a solid gold IRA (Individual Retirement Account)?
Then I suggest that you keep Augusta Precious Metals on your shortlist. The reasons for that are many and they will become clear as you read this review.
In this review, I’ll cover every aspect of Augusta Precious Metals, including its operation, setup process, minimum investment, available precious metals, and its premium leadership story.
Furthermore, I’ll tell you about the company’s reputation in the market through top reviews, and its pros and cons.
About Augusta Precious Metals
Are you aware of the origins of Augusta Precious Metals? If not, this section will enlighten you about the origins of the company and how it rose to occupy its current market position.
Even though Augusta Precious Metals was incorporated in 2012, the brains behind this company have expertise in dealing with precious metals like gold and silver going back as far as forty years.
The founder and current CEO Issac Nuriani launched this company with a view to helping out people who’re worried about their hard-earned money and giving them a secure avenue for investing their savings.
The core aim of this firm is to help people make secure investments in gold and silver in addition to benefitting from ethical guidelines and professional services.
Besides, he wanted to allow people to avoid the financial ruin that is a consequence of becoming dependent on the unfair banking system.
With those ideals in mind, the idea of Augusta Precious Metals was born and it has evolved into an organization that isn’t just an investment company, but a treasure trove of educational resources on long-term and diversified money saving through precious metals.
Pros And Cons Of Investing With Augusta Precious Metals
It’s true that Augusta began on the back of many lofty ideals but how much of it has been translated into practice?
Opening a gold IRA account with Augusta gives you a range of benefits in terms of security, storage, authentic commodities, etc. However, there are a few minor drawbacks to take into account as well.
So, here, I’ll outline a few pros and cons of investing with Augusta Precious Metals:
- Augusta offers a straight and transparent setup and maintenance fee structure.
- The setup process is comprehensive yet simple.
- The gold and silver prices are reasonable yet competitive.
- Augusta claims no sales commission.
- The famous American football quarterback Joe Montana is the corporate ambassador and a loyal customer of Augusta Precious Metals.
- It has acquired close to a hundred percent positive reviews from clients and third parties.
- A hassle-free and educative approach toward new and existing clients.
- They offer free gold and silver portfolio reviews by their in-house Harvard-educated Director of Education.
- 24/7 specialized support for precious metal investments.
- Augusta offers a lifetime of dedicated customer support.
- No scope for investing in platinum or palladium; only gold and silver bullions and coins are available as far as precious metals are concerned.
- You must invest a minimum of $50,000 to start your retirement plan with Augusta Precious Metals’ IRA gold.
If you analyze, you’ll clearly see that the benefits of investing with Augusta Precious Metals outweighs its downsides. Even so, you should definitely go on and compare the firm’s services with those of others on the market before you make a final decision.
5 Reasons For Investing In Gold And Silver IRA
In this section, I’ll share with you some substantial reasons why you should invest your precious dollars in a gold IRA, and more specifically, a gold IRA from Augusta Precious Metals.
So, here are the five most convincing reasons to start your retirement gold IRA plans with Augusta Precious Metals:
- Transparent, Easy, And Quick Setup Process: Augusta Precious Metals charges no hidden fees when it comes to account opening and yearly maintenance services. Their gold IRA account setup is comparatively faster, more efficient, and very customer-friendly.
- Sheer Dedication To Educating Customers: To prove that their top priority lies with their customers, Augusta renders educational services to make them well-informed on gold IRA, retirement plans, and economic updates.
- Nearly A Hundred Percent Positive Reviews: Augusta has received over four million positive reviews (4.7 out of 5 ratings on average) on ConsumerAffairs, Google Reviews, TrustLink, and a few more authentic sites. Those reviews and ratings will surely put you at ease if you still have any confusion about their services.
- Highly Efficient 24/7 Customer Support: Augusta has accommodated highly expert agents and representatives to reach out to the customers who need assistance in investing in a gold IRA. They’re available 24/7 by phone, email, or quick live chat to respond to your queries.
- Close Monitoring Of Additional Purchase And Buybacks: Augusta offers reasonable buybacks after you’ve purchased gold and silver metals from them. And you’ll get a lucrative reselling price too. Apart from that, Augusta officials will help you navigate the process of buying additional gold and silver for your IRA.
What Services Does Augusta Precious Metals Offer?
The biggest service that Augusta Precious Metals can offer you is a diverse range of precious metals like gold and silver coins, bullion bars, etc.
The idea behind investing in these metals is to protect your future against economic blowbacks such as inflation, recessions, and so on.
Yes, as an IRA, the firm can obviously ensure tax-advantaged investment and retirement plans. But almost every other gold or silver IRA provider can say the same. So what makes Augusta better or at least different?
Learn about their entire suite of services to understand what sets them apart.
1. IRA Gold And Silver Services
Augusta facilitates investing in gold and silver while guiding you towards the best returns over time. Even if you’re a relative newbie, the specialists at the firm come to your aid.
Augusta has a wonderful team to get you introduced to the gold IRA features and benefits. You’ll be contacted by an agent once you’re prepared to start the process.
Once all your queries and concerns have been dealt with, you’ll have to complete filling up the forms for your new account and initiate the funding process.
Here’s the perk with Augusta. Once you’ve purchased your preferred metals, they’ll be transferred to your selected storage facility free of cost. Furthermore, there will be no travel insurance fee from your end— all will be covered by the firm itself.
2. Gold And Silver Purchase In Cash
Investing in a gold IRA is actually akin to purchasing gold and silver coins while preserving them in your own vaults. In other words, an Augusta gold IRA gives you maximum control and transparency over your assets.
You can store the purchased gold and silver coins in your residential vault or in a rented vault at the bank. Such a deal will always give you the chance of checking on the metals whenever you like.
Augusta also offers its clients collectible coins. The originality and authenticity of every coin are verified by multiple independent grading companies, so you can choose to treat them as long-term investments as well.
Moreover, since you have to pay cash for your investments, they’ll provide you with top-priority service through their precious metal experts.
You’ll receive lifetime access to a dedicated professional expert at Augusta who will be ready to answer all your queries and quell all your concerns.
3. Lifetime Client Service
The investment journey with Augusta isn’t limited to just putting your money into an investment account. This vehemently ambitious and successful IRA firm offers a plethora of educational resources as well.
You, as a client, will be encouraged by them to access the professional expertise that the firm and its experts have in the market and precious metals.
The investment advisors will be eager to help you out with any assistance you require to make the best investment decisions for your needs.
If you go at it alone, you might go nuts while planning on investing in diverse assets, but the Augusta expert team will walk you through the A to Z processes.
The expert services you can receive are:
- Asking questions and getting answers regarding precious metals easily over the phone.
- Emailing the experts and receiving responses on precious metals.
- Getting a host of free services associated with paperwork, account setup, etc.
- Getting assistance on distributions, transfers, contributions, RMDs (Required Minimum Distributions), liquidations, etc.
- Confirmation of a successful purchase of precious metals.
- The opportunity of learning about economic history and updates on the investment market.
- A pretty solid buyback program.
The Custodian Section
Augusta Precious Metals has trusted partners across the US to store their client’s purchased precious metals, also known as, custodian agents.
Their custodian agents are highly efficient and loyal. These agents are the only places where your gold can be stored as Augusta doesn’t allow in-house custodianship.
Augusta’s available storage locations are New York, Las Vegas, Salt Lake City, Nampa, Los Angeles, South Fargo, Dallas, and a few more. However, Augusta prefers Delaware Depository for most of their loyal customers’ precious metal storage. (Read the review of Delaware Depository).
Technically, Delaware Depository is authorized by IRC-408n and insured by the Lloyds of London. And by the way, the insurance of this highly secured storage is a whopping $1 billion.
Furthermore, its recommended custodians are GoldStar Trust Company, Equity Trust, and Kingdom Trust.
Though the firm will recommend options, it will always take your choice of storage into account if that’s possible for them. All you have to do is call your account agent and tell them about your preferred storage location.
Upon being confirmed of the formal procedures, they’ll escort your purchased precious metals to your recommended storage facility within seven to ten days.
You can then visit the location and check your assets by communicating and giving notice in advance. But remember, as per IRA policy, your early withdrawal of precious metals will end up in penalties such as loss of the tax benefits. (Learn more about how the gold IRA tax works).
Last but not the least, Augusta Precious Metals has state-of-the-art storage security at their privately owned facilities. Their custodian locations are thoroughly trusted by the IRA industry.
The security features you can expect are:
- Fortified storage building.
- International security rules and regulations compliant.
- Class 3 security vaults.
- Highly intricate and strict inventory system.
- Closely monitored security staff.
- An insurance worth $1 billion.
Minimum Investment And Service Fees
You’ll be qualified as eligible to start a gold IRA account with Augusta Precious Metals if you can make a minimum investment of $50,000. However, they don’t set any maximum investment threshold for their clients.
As for the service fees, you’ll be charged fees as follows:
- A one-time gold IRA account opening fee of $50.
- An annual administration fee of $125 when your account values up to $100,000.
- An annual administration fee of $75 when your account values more than $100,000.
Additionally, there are some custodian fees, which are an annual $100 for custodian maintenance. But the charge can rise up to $250 during the first year of maintenance services.
As far as other fees are concerned such as shipping storage, you’d be happy to know that the firm doesn’t charge any fees for shipping. But they charge an annual storage fee is $100.
The people at Augusta Precious Metals understand that precious metals IRA can help boost your retirement savings, which is why they are committed to just that.
They provide a streamlined process that eliminates all the boring paperwork. This enables a simple and easy investment process for everyone.
How Does Augusta Precious Metals Stand Out In The Business?
You won’t go for a retirement plan and investment with a company if it doesn’t seem to be promising.
What makes a gold IRA company stand out in the business is its commitment, transparency, comprehensive yet simple procedures, secure custody, and much more.
The ways Augusta stands out in the gold IRA services are as follows:
- Augusta Precious Metals will not only sell gold and silver metals, but they’ll stick by your side for a lifetime in terms of genuine customer support.
- They’ll back your additional precious metal purchases and even arrange buybacks should you want to liquidate your investment.
- Augusta has taken the customer education philosophy to a whole new level. They have dedicated experts tagged to individual clients to provide knowledge and information on gold IRA, retirement plans, and global economic conditions.
- Augusta offers a streamlined setup process, ensuring huge savings in terms of time and money for the customers.
- August has a fabulous analytics team that can help you set up and diversify your gold IRA portfolio based on the current US market.
Top 3rd Party Reviews
You may be suspicious about online customer reviews, but above four million Augusta Precious Metal reviews on ConsumerAffairs are neatly verified. All those reviews were verified through authentic customer contact information and advanced AI systems.
Besides, all review sites, including ConsumerAffairs, TrustLink, Google Review, etc., have skilled moderators to read and verify all the reviews posted on those sites.
The most trusted 3rd party sites’ reviews show the trust, happiness, and certainty that their products and services have engendered among their clientele. So if you choose to invest with them, you can expect to enjoy much the same.
However, among a sea of glowering praise and commendations, some negative feedback has emerged from time to time.
For instance, Augusta had to go through a pretty serious controversy back in 2019. The issue revolved around an unregistered bullion sale by the firm but this was promptly resolved.
How To Set up Your Gold IRA Account With Augusta Precious Metals
As I’ve mentioned before, you’ll find the most comprehensive, transparent, and simple gold IRA account setup process at Augusta Precious Metals. Their setup process consists of just three steps.
Let’s find out how they work:
- Step 1: Fill up a new gold IRA form issued by Augusta Precious Metals to open your account.
- Step 2: Fill in your IRA account through a rollover from the existing IRA, 401(k), 403(k), Roth IRA, or other retirement accounts (if applicable). An account executive or an agent will take you through the whole rollover process.
- Step 3: Now, purchase IRS-approved gold and silver coins or bullions as per the current market rates.
What Precious Metals Are Available At Augusta Precious Metals?
Since I’m reviewing this gold IRA company, it’s important to talk about the range of precious metals they offer.
You can either invest in or collect gold and silver coins from this firm. However, Augusta doesn’t allow customers to purchase palladium and platinum.
That aside, you’ll find Augusta offering the best quality gold and silver bullions and coins. The precious metals they offer for sale have all withstood and successfully passed the purity standard test.
For your assurance, let us tell you that all gold coins and bars in the Augusta IRA are 99.5% pure. The only exception is the American Gold Eagle coin which has approximately 91.67% purity.
On the other hand, the silver coins and bars are 99.9% pure at Augusta as per the IRA Silver “gold standard.” Augusta Precious Metals also offers silver bullions, but they’re not 100% pure due to having copper traces.
Both gold and silver bullions are valued based on their weights and content.
You can find a list of all the available gold and silver coins at Augusta Precious Metals:
- Gold American Eagle Proofs: This gold coin dates back to 1986. The date is engraved as 1986 to the present. The gold content in this coin is 1 ounce while the coin itself weighs around 1.0909 ounces. If you would like a breakdown of its material components, it’s 91.67% gold, 5.33% copper, and 3% silver.
- Gold American Eagles: The Gold American Eagles coins are exactly like the Gold American Eagle Proofs. Each coin weighs 1.0909 ounces with 1 ounce of gold content in it. And the proportion is also the same as it is with the previous one. It’s 91.67% gold, 5.33% copper, and 3% silver.
- Gold Canadian Eagle: This is from the Royal Canadian mint of 2017, which is an Augusta Precious Metals exclusive asset. Only 7,506 coins of this kind were minted in uncirculated condition. It weighs 1 ounce and has 99.99% gold content.
- Gold Canadian Maple Leaf: Minted back in 1979, the Gold Canadian Maple Leaf is one of the lightest coins, weighing just 1 troy ounce. It has a face value of $50. The dimension of this coin will tell you its size. It’s 1.181 inches or 30 mm in diameter, while 0.107 inches or 2.73 mm in thickness.
- Gold Australian Striped Marlin: The Gold Australian Striped Marlin coin is about 7.77g. in weight with 99.99% of gold content. Its diameter is 20.6 mm and has a thickness of 2.3 mm.
- Gold American Buffalo: The Gold American Buffalo coin has a 99.99% of gold content with a gross weight of 1 ounce. It was minted somewhere between 2006 and the present time. It has a diameter of 1.287 inches or 32.70 mm with a thickness of 0.116 inches or 2.95 mm.
- Canadian Silver Eagle with Nest: The Canadian Silver Eagle with Nest is 2019 minted and one of the hottest precious metals at Augusta Precious Metals. The silver content is 99.99% pure while it weighs 38.88g. Its diameter is 38 mm.
- Royal Canadian Silver Soaring Eagle: The Royal Canadian Soaring Eagle is a 2020 minted coin with a face value of $8. Designed by the artist Julius Csotonyi, this coin comes with radial lines and serrated edges. The coin weighs 39.03 g with a diameter of 38 mm. You’ll find a maple leaf engraved on the coin to ensure authenticity and security.
- Canadian Silver Maple Leaf: This coin is just about 1 ounce (0.99 ounces) with 99.99% silver content. Its diameter is 37.97 mm and its thickness is 3.18 mm. This coin mint dates back to 1988 from the present.
- American Silver Eagle: The central feature of the American Silver Eagle is the Lady Liberty. It’s a 1-ounce coin with 99.93% silver and 0.07% copper content. It’s 1.598 inches in diameter and 2.98 mm in thickness. Its mint date is 1986.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: What Precious Metals Augusta Precious Metals Will Let Me Add To My IRA Account?
You’ll be allowed to buy the IRS-approved gold and silver coins and bullions or bars that consist of 99.99% of gold and silver content except a very few.
You can buy Gold American Eagle Proofs, Gold Canadian Maple Leaf, American Silver Eagle, and several more notable coins.
Q2: Is There Any Managerial Fee Related To My Gold IRA Account At Augusta Precious Metals?
Since it’s a self-directed gold IRA account, you don’t need to pay any fees to manage your account. However, there’ll be annual storage and custodial fees to secure your precious metals.
Q3: Can I Consult Augusta Precious Metals For My Tax Liabilities?
No, Augusta Precious Metals doesn’t provide any tax liabilities advice or any other tax-related services. You may contact your tax lawyer or find one for consultation.
Q4: Does Augusta Precious Metals Claim Any Commission Fee To My Quoted Price For Gold And Silver?
There’s no additional commission charged by the Augusta Precious Metals team to the listed price of gold and silver commodities. You’ll only pay the quoted price once you confirm a purchase.
Q5: Will My Purchased Precious Metals Be Insured During Storage?
Yes, they’ll be insured. Your precious metals are just as precious to Augusta so they ensure the best possible security for their storage.
Hence, they’ve chosen the Delaware Depository, one of the most highly secured storage facilities in the US. Even so, this private facility is insured at $1 billion for all-risk insurance through reputable London underwriters.
The Last Words
If you’ve read through this Augusta Precious Metals review to this stage, it means you’re now quite well-versed in the services that the firm provides and how it differentiates itself in the gold and silver IRA market.
If you’re still on the fence about choosing this provider, let me tell you this – Augusta Precious Metals is undoubtedly one of the most dedicated, committed, and super customer-friendly providers in the gold IRA universe.
That in addition to all the other positive factors that you learned in this guide makes Augusta a truly ideal place to open a gold and silver IRA to stash away your savings and grow your money for a secure future.
That’s all I have to say; the decision is now yours. Good luck!
- Fast and efficient account opening process
- Consistent 5-star ratings from customers
- Free gold and silver portfolio reviews
- Provide material to educate customers
- Potential to get fees waived
- Rated A+ by the BBB
- The high minimum investment required
- Only deal in Gold and Silver
- Processes are longer when compared to other companies
Martin Thomas, the owner of Sutter Gold Mining, is a true gold investment aficionado. With decades of experience and a wealth of knowledge, he is the go-to source for anyone navigating the vast world of precious metals. Martin has dedicated decades of his life to understanding the intricacies of the precious metals market and the best strategies for maximizing returns. His expertise in this field is unmatched, and his commitment to helping others make informed investment decisions is unwavering. With him as your guide, you’ll gain a deeper understanding of the gold market and learn how to make smart investment choices that will benefit you for years. With his guidance and wisdom, you will never have to worry about taking the wrong investment step again.