Saving for the future is a wise decision, and it’s better the earlier you start. And to start early, you can opt for an IRA (individual retirement account) gold to secure your future.
What’s a gold IRA? Do you know how it works?
Gold IRA is a safe investment that lets you keep putting your hard-earned money into stocks of various precious metals, gold-mining companies, real estate, etc., up to your retirement. In short, it promises a tax-free money growth and a tension-free retirement.
In this article, you’re going to learn about the five best gold IRA companies in 2023. We’ll also cover things like the reasons for investment, gold IRA storage, rollover, etc., followed by some frequently asked questions.
In A Hurry? Here’s Our Top Picks…
- Annual Fee: $100 with $100 for non-segregated storage and $150 for segregated storage
- Minimum Investment: $25,000
- Promotion: 5% back on metals over $50k
- Types of Services: Precious Metals IRAs & Non IRA Precious Metals
- Support 401(K): Yes
- Crypto Offered: No
- Annual Fee: $180; $80 maintenance and $100 storage fee
- Minimum Investment: $50,000
- Promotion: Can waive fees depending on the investment amount
- Types of Services: Gold and Silver IRA & Gold and Silver cash Purchases
- Support 401(K): Yes
- Crypto Offered: No
- Annual Fee: Annual fee of only $180. No other extra fees to consider
- Minimum Investment: Not applicable; however, you will need to have $10,000 to keep your account
- Promotion: Up to $5,000 worth of Silver for absolutely free & three years of no IRA fees
- Types of Services: Precious Metals IRAs, Non-IRA Precious Metals & Storage Facilities
- Support 401(K): Yes
- Crypto Offered: No
What Is A Gold IRA?
If you’ve heard about IRA accounts, you know they deal with investing in stocks, funds, bonds, securities, etc., except for gold or any precious metal with monetary value.
However, with gold IRA, you are free to invest in gold and other diverse metals, such as silver, palladium, or platinum. This means you’ll find physical assets to invest in instead of paper assets in a gold IRA account.
Did you know that the top gold IRA companies offer these specialized accounts, allowing pre-tax contributions and income to the investors?
Well, these reputable and reliable companies can help an interested person open a gold IRA account. Furthermore, you’ll be able to maintain a sustainable and profitable retirement portfolio by investing through this account.
When you invest for your retirement in a gold IRA, you must appoint an agent or custodian to securely store and maintain your precious metals. Note that the storage and maintenance of those valuable metals will be outside your residence.
You’ll be glad to learn that your contributions and gains in a gold IRA account aren’t taxable. What’s more, your contributions to an extent could even be tax-deductible. (Learn more about gold IRA tax rules).
If you already have an IRA account, you can switch it to gold IRA by transferring the existing funds. This process is known as an IRA rollover.
In the next segment, we’ll shed light on the reasons behind investing in gold IRA. Read on to learn more.
Why Invest In Gold IRA?
Below we’re sharing four practical reasons behind investing in gold that has passed the test of time:
- Gold shields investment from inflation. When there’s a price hike everywhere, gold’s essential value stays almost the same. Furthermore, gold price increases when the dollar value falls in many cases.
- Gold saves investment from deflation. When you see prices going down, a stable or even higher price of gold helps you stay afloat.
- Whether you keep gold at home or in a bank or storage system, its value will have stable growth.
- Gold offers a diverse investment opportunity. Investing in gold IRA can reduce the risk of price uncertainty.
The Selection Criteria For The Top-Rated Gold IRA Companies
Before we lean onto the central topic of our article, you must know how we’ve decorated our best gold investment companies list.
Let’s find out the traits below to be among the top five companies:
- A reliable gold IRA company will charge transparent and reasonable service fees.
- You have to check the goodwill of the organization. Check their customer reviews and accreditation ratings.
- The company should offer setup flexibility. It should provide professional assistance to complete the setup process.
- Check if they offer buybacks at maximum prices.
- Check a company’s portfolio to see if it offers a scope for multiple precious metals investment opportunities.
Comparison Of The Top Gold Investment Companies
Goldco is accompanied by a skilled team who work tirelessly for your needs.
This enables you to invest the way you want and do so securely.
Additionally, the team handles all the heavy lifting and difficult tasks, allowing for an easy and simple investment process.
AUGUSTA PRECIOUS METALS
Simplicity is one of the three major commitments Augusta Precious Metals strives to provide at all costs.
Increasing their integrity and making it easy for customers to keep up is a good way to increase their reputation.
Combined with high-quality service, you have a worthwhile company to manage investments.
AMERICAN HARTFORD GOLD
Having stellar customer service and an array of valuable services, American Hartford Gold maintains its integrity while ensuring the quality of its services.
This company is perfect for beginners building relations with their clients based on trust.
Similarly, it also keeps all the clients in the loop when it comes to precious metals.
This is topped off with a great buyback program that aids customers in liquidating their assets.
BIRCH GOLD GROUP
This dedication separates them from their competitors and provides a successful investment to the customers.
The company has been around since 2003 and has served thousands of customers, making it quite reliable and trustworthy.
This gives them the experience to back up their claims.
NOBLE GOLD INVESTMENTS
Offering honesty, integrity, and friendliness, Noble Gold Investments will increase your investment value and give you proper knowledge on the topic.
This is easily seen when you check out their guide called Gold & Silver, which will help you understand the basics of investing in metals.
We’re now stepping into the central part of our article; that is the five best companies to buy gold from. If you’ve read the above criteria carefully, you’ll see that our best five companies practice those things we’ve discussed.
So let’s check out what gold company is the best to invest in below and what they have to offer to your retirement and gold investment plans:
1. Goldco – Best Overall
Goldco happens to be an expert firm in wealth and asset management and security. It’s a private organization that transfers investment assets from the traditional IRA, 401(k), or 403(b) to IRA gold accounts.
If you want to buy gold or silver, Goldco can sell it to you directly apart from their IRA gold services.
Goldco holds an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau along with over a thousand 5-star ratings by their loyal customers.
Opening An Account With Goldco
- Start with signing an agreement on the Goldco website to open your IRA account.
- An expert may contact you upon your signing of the agreement. He or she will walk you through each step of the service procedures.
- Roll over your assets from your existing compliant account to fund this new gold IRA account. If you’ve never had an IRA retirement account before, just make a fresh start by opening a new gold IRA account with the organization.
- Once you’ve taken care of the fund in your new gold IRA account, you’re free to choose and purchase from the available precious metals offered by Goldco.
There’s a process of buying gold and coins from Goldco and shifting them to your depository system. If you qualify, you might get a free shipping service from the company for this.
You’ll be glad to know that Goldco also deals in coins compliant with IRA gold. Below are the gold assets they deal in:
- Gold bars
- Gold Maple Leaf coins
- Gold American Eagle coins
- Gold Freedom and Hope coins
Apart from gold, if you’re interested, Goldco can offer you some valuable silver assets too:
- Silver bars
- Silver Maple Leaf coins
- Silver American Eagle coins
- Silver Lucky Dragon coins
You’ll also get 10 percent of your qualified silver purchase back to your account.
- A reliable IRA gold service provider with an A+ rating by the BBB.
- Comprehensive and easy setup and rollover into new accounts.
- Availability of resource materials like a free kit consisting of printed, audio, and video guides to help you.
- Flexible options to purchase gold and silver assets.
- Free shipment of assets to secure storage or depository.
- Only deals in gold and silver IRAs; no other metals.
So, overall, Goldco is a resourceful and promising IRA gold service company. You can check their website to find out more information before opening an account or transferring assets from an existing one.
2. Augusta Precious Metals – Best Customer Support
One of the premier service providers in the business, Augusta Precious Metals is the second oldest firm on our list (Est. 2012). It was founded by a talented quarterback, Joe Montana, along with his financial advisors.
You’ll be amazed at its achievement of a thousand plus 5-star ratings since 2012. If that doesn’t inspire confidence, maybe their multiple IRA service awards will.
Opening An Account With Augusta Precious Metals
- Contact a live agent about guiding you in purchasing gold or silver.
- Create an IRA account with the assistance of the agent. Make sure you have a balance of fifty thousand dollars for investment to qualify.
- Transfer money from your existing IRA account to fund this new account.
Once the account is created, you can order gold or silver from APM’s order desk.
Augusta Precious Metals deals in gold and silver bullion and coins. You may either buy them for personal use or to fund your IRA account. The available metals you can purchase from Augusta are:
- American Eagle coins
- Canadian Maple Leaf coins
- America the Beautiful coins
- Resourceful guidance by an agent regarding precious metals IRAs.
- Direct guidance by a live agent in account setup and funding.
- A decade-long expert firm in IRA services.
- Offers cash purchase and rollover facilities.
- Free and secure delivery of precious metals upon successful purchase.
- A mandatory $50,000 to start investing with August Precious Metals.
- Deals in gold and silver only.
So move on with your retirement account and invest in Augusta’s IRA gold to secure your future retirement finance.
3. American Hartford Gold – Best Low-Risk Investments
American Hartford Gold is a family-owned company that has its headquarters in Los Angeles, California. It has received many good ratings from its customers and various websites and organizations.
Boasting a variety of metal products, they are the perfect company if you want to diversify your investment assets. This is especially the case if you are a beginner, as they are very beginner friendly.
While they may not offer legal or investment advice, they compensate for this by providing you with various features and facilities. These can help you make the right choice when purchasing and liquidating your assets.
Current Promotion: FREE Silver Up To $5,000
As of writing this review, American Hartford Gold is running a special offer you should try and get a hold of. For a limited time, the company offers up to $5,000 for qualified purchases.
Not only can you get a potentially hefty amount of silver, but you can also get three years of no IRA fees. All your storage, maintenance, and transfer fees will be 100% free of charge. Remember that this offer is running for a limited time, so if you want to take advantage of this, you should act fast!
Opening An Account With American Hartford Gold
- The first step you will need to decide is whether you want to roll over your assets from your existing account or if you want to create one from scratch.
- American Hartford Gold allows you to roll over the cash from existing accounts to your new ones without fees or taxes.
- To start your new account, you must talk to their specialists. You can do so by giving them a call. Once you do so, they will help you fill out any paperwork.
- Within a few days, you can transfer funds to your new account. Once this is done, you can select which metal product you want to invest in. These can be one of the many products that the company offers.
- You can then decide whether you want to keep the IRA-eligible precious metals in their storage facilities. If you want to bring them home, they will be shipped to you free of cost as long as you are within the United States.
Here is the list of IRA-approved metal products that you can get from their website.
- Gold coins
- Gold bars
- American Eagle Proof
- Gold Valcambi Combibar
- Silver coins
- Silver bars
- Silver Valcambi Combibar
- Specialized buyback program.
- Overall solid ratings across multiple sites.
- Customer service and compliance are kept in high regard.
- Various special deals to attract customers.
- Variety of helpful online features on their website.
- No shipping fees.
- A large variety of products and different metals.
- Shipping is limited only to the United States.
- Low product transparency when it comes to palladium and platinum.
- Prices are not transparent on their website.
If this review has helped broaden your horizons on American Hartford Gold, you should contact them as soon as possible. Getting into metal investment is a great choice currently, and doing so with this company is even better.
4. Birch Gold Group
We’ll start with one of the oldest IRA gold companies in the business. With its inception back in 2003, the Birch Gold Group has served more than thirteen thousand customers with their precious metal transactions.
No surprise they’ve received so many recognitions and such a huge reputation for providing great services for nearly two decades.
Birch Gold Group has achieved an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau. BGG delightfully serves its customers with a range of precious metals: gold, silver, palladium, and platinum. You’ll get to buy them in bars, coins, and rounds.
Opening An Account With Birch Gold Group
- Contact a BGG agent to open your gold IRA account.
- Fund your account from an existing IRA account or a rollover.
- Have your account status reviewed by a specialist in precious metals.
- Place a purchase order for precious metals from the company’s available list as you prefer.
- You’ll receive a confirmation of your purchase from your specialist. Afterward, he’ll fill you in with the information on asset storage.
- Gold coins, rounds, and bars
- Silver coins, rounds, and bars
- Platinum coins, rounds, and bars
- Palladium coins, rounds, and bars
- Offers insurance for depository security for up to one billion dollars.
- Constant support by a precious metal specialist.
- Flexibility in account setup as well as post-setup changes.
- Deals in a range of precious metals: gold, silver, platinum, palladium, etc.
- A two decade-old, highly experienced, and one of the most reliable IRA service providers.
- BBB accredited and A+ rating.
- Precious metal prices may significantly vary from time to time.
You can take your time to do more research on Birch Gold Group before investing in their available precious metals while planning your retirement finance.
5. Noble Gold Investments
Established in 2016, a California-based and relatively newer company, Noble Gold Investments offers skillful services in dealing with precious metals. This firm helps people in opening IRA accounts for retirement with low investment opportunities.
To give you more confidence, let us tell you that Noble Gold Investments holds an A+ rating by BBB (Better Business Bureau) and Consumer Affairs.
Besides, customers’ reliance on this company is reflected through thousands of positive reviews over the last six years. Also, its range of precious metals, including gold, palladium, silver, and platinum give customers wide options.
They facilitate gold storage services through the International Depository Services. The firm also offers rollovers for conveniently transferring your traditional IRA account to gold IRA.
You’ll receive a gold survival pack from Noble Gold securely delivered to you in person. The company also educates its loyal customers through detailed resource materials.
Opening An Account With Noble Gold
- Complete an IRA setup form online. You may use the help of an expert from the company to fill out the required answers.
- A respective team will contact your agent or custodian to complete setting up your account. You may need to complete additional paperwork.
- Next, you’ll receive an email containing your new IRA gold account number.
- You’ll have to fund your new IRA account or rollover funds from the existing IRA account to the IRA gold account. You may enjoy a tax-free fund transfer when doing it through one custodian to another.
- Surf the available investment options offered by Noble Gold Investments to buy the preferred precious metals.
You can buy the below precious metals through an IRA account or from their website:
- Gold coins
- Silver coins
- Palladium coins
- Platinum coins
- Other rare coins
- A reliable IRA gold firm with an A+ rating by BBB accreditation and consumer affairs.
- Minimum investment opportunity.
- A comprehensive account opening and setup process.
- Reasonable best gold prices in the market with swift and safe shipping.
- A flexible purchasing option for multiple precious metals.
- Offering learning materials and resources.
- Comparatively a newer player in this market.
If you love the review above on the Noble Group Investments, contact them for switching from your existing IRA retirement funding to IRA gold investment.
A Buyer’s Guide On 401(k) To Gold IRA Rollover
If you’re lucky to have opened an IRA gold account with a trustworthy company, the 401(k) to gold IRA will be a breeze. Let’s find out the process step by step below:
- Step 1: (Look for a Gold IRA firm): Search for a dependable IRA gold company that transparently deals in hard precious metals, such as gold, silver, etc. Check their ratings, reviews, and experience.
- Step 2: (Find your SDIRA custodian): Your agent or gold IRA custodian must be set up before the process starts. The custodian will work from start to end while reporting to you and the IRS. The custodian will coordinate your purchase and sale of precious metals, including all payments. Make sure your IRA account facilitates an SDRIA or self-directed IRA for taking control of the account regarding physical assets.
- Step 3: (Make your account activated): Activate your account with the gold IRA company so your custodian can start coordinating your purchase of precious metals.
- Step 4: (Initiate the IRA rollover): Start rolling your fund from your existing IRA account over to the new gold IRA rollover account. You can either conduct the rollover yourself or through your custodian.
- Step 5: (Purchase gold through IRA): Contact your custodian now to inform him which precious metal you want to buy. Look through the company’s verified gold products before buying.
Now, you should decide what to put into your precious metals IRA. Make sure you receive all related paperwork from your custodian.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: When Should One Invest In Gold?
Investing in gold doesn’t have a definite timeline. The market can shake at any time, and the stock market mostly dominates the value of precious metals. Usually, gold’s value wanes along with the upheaval of the stock market.
You may note a general timeline—specifically, the first quarter of a year. Gold prices are lower around this time, but that’s not an ideal scale.
So if you have a mint to invest, don’t hold back. Buy some gold assets from reliable gold dealers through authentic gold IRA firms.
Q2: How Much Does A Gold IRA Cost?
A moderate to highly experienced IRA gold firm charges fees for their regular services. These include an initial one-time account setup fee of $50-$150, an annual service fee of $50-$250, and an annual depository fee of $50-$300.
These prices vary from account to account, depending on size and services rendered. Most gold IRAs don’t charge commissions, rather they might add a ‘markup’ to the asset’s actual value to gain a transactional fee.
Q3: Should I Buy Gold Coins Or Bullion?
Gold coins and bullion are two widespread options in IRA gold investment. And both have the same essential value. Sovereign gold coins like Canadian Maple Leaf, American Eagle, etc., sell easily at a higher price.
whereas, bullion or bars are hard to resell once purchased. Their markup prices are higher and not suited to individual buyers.
However, having a gold IRA account may allow you buybacks, and you can sell your bullion at a reasonable price back to the firm.
So, now you know about the best gold IRA companies in 2023. And the five best service providers we’ve related with ensuring the best services.
You know how unpredictable the world economy is. That’s why we emphasize your gold IRA funding so that you learn how to purchase and utilize gold and other precious metals.
Hence, don’t neglect to consult a precious metal specialist or financial advisor. And a reliable gold IRA company can provide you with just the resources and guidelines you need to ace your retirement plan.
Martin Thomas, the owner of Sutter Gold Mining, is a true gold investment aficionado. With decades of experience and a wealth of knowledge, he is the go-to source for anyone navigating the vast world of precious metals. Martin has dedicated decades of his life to understanding the intricacies of the precious metals market and the best strategies for maximizing returns. His expertise in this field is unmatched, and his commitment to helping others make informed investment decisions is unwavering. With him as your guide, you’ll gain a deeper understanding of the gold market and learn how to make smart investment choices that will benefit you for years. With his guidance and wisdom, you will never have to worry about taking the wrong investment step again.